IDO PORTAL METHOD – THE CORSET
The Corset workshop offers a modern/ancient approach to preparing, rehabbing, pre-habing, mobilizing, stabilizing and strengthening the body for the rigors of movement, a unique approach developed by Ido Portal (www.idoportal.com) from his extensive research into human movement.
The Corset is a collection of exercises, routines and protocols for every major joint in the human body. Some of the unique movements practiced in the Corset were collected and assembled by Ido from Traditional Martial Arts, Artistic Gymnastics, physiotherapy, the science of strength and conditioning, dance and more.
The intention is to prepare for misalignment and not only concentrate on proper and optimal alignment – a very realistic approach to a world in which the unknown plays a big factor.
Some of the areas that the corset covers are:
- Pelvis and hips
- Upper Leg
- Fingers and toes
If you are experiencing problems in enhancing mobility – that is another subject that will be covered extensively in the workshop using such methods as Ido’s Loaded Progressive Stretching (LPS), Low Gate Positions (LGP), various result proven protocols like:
- The Shoulder Protocol – opening up the shoulders while bulletproofing them
- The Uni Lateral Hip Routine for increasing overall ROM around the hip.
- Tight hamstrings? Wait until you try this… The Bi Lateral Hip Routine
Ido began studying martial arts as a child, and at the age of fifteen he discovered the Brazilian martial art form, Capoeira. Later he would go on to train in gymnastics, boxing, dance, yoga, and more. With his great experience in some of the most versatile and demanding types of sports, and his many studies in anatomy, physiology, and other sports, he created a unique system of movement.
Copenhagen – 19-20th august 2017
- Time: 10am-6pm both days
- “Hafnia hallen“
- Street: Julius Andersensvej 6
- Zip/City: 2450, Copenhagen SV
Terms and conditions
- Registration is binding. We do not offer any refund should you be prevented from participating. If we have a waiting list, we will do everything we can to help to get your spot sold to another person.
- We do hold the right to make changes to the above mentioned schedule and content.
- Credit card fee will be added to the price when going through the payment process.
- We do not guarantee the presence of Ido Portal himself on this workshop
Make sure to clear your schedule in this weekend and not book any flights back, important dinners or other obligations as on both days the event might run later than expected – The team is not working ‘by the clock’ and attempts to share as much knowledge as possible with the participants during the event.